Monday, December 13, 2010
Friday, June 11, 2010
Friday, June 4, 2010
Help Wanted: June 4, 2010
Thursday, April 29, 2010
“Cops on Top” to Benefit Special Olympics
Friday, March 12, 2010
Monday, March 1, 2010
Help Wanted: March 1, 2010
Current Job Listings 3.1.2010
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
MPD Gets Grant for Stop Sticks
“I feel strongly about law enforcement and their role in the community and I’m just pleased that I could assist the department in purchasing needed equipment,” said Rep. Ison of the gift to the Department. Interim Chief of Police Lester Hargrove extends his gratitude to Rep. Ison and the entire House of Representatives, “The equipment purchased with the funds secured by Rep. Ison will help us protect the citizens of
Jamie Ison represents the 101st District,
Monday, December 14, 2009
Help Wanted: December 14, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
Turkey Fryin' Tips
- Many units easily tip over, spilling the five gallons of hot oil within the cooking pot.
- If the cooking pot is overfilled with oil, the oil may spill out of the unit when the turkey is placed into the cooking pot. Oil may hit the burner/flames causing a fire to engulf the entire unit.
- Partially frozen turkeys placed into the fryer can cause a spillover effect. This too, may result in an extensive fire.
- With no thermostat controls, the units also have the potential to overheat the oil to the point of combustion.
- The sides of the cooking pot, lid and pot handles get dangerously hot, posing severe burn hazards.
CLICK HERE to see what happens when you don't follow these tips.
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Thirty Mobilians Set to Graduate from Citizen’s Police Academy
After 11 weeks on the police beat, 30 members of the Citizens’
The graduation is set for 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 17 in the auditorium at Mobile Gas,
The graduates came to the program with a variety of life experiences. Ranging in age from 22 to 76, the participants’ backgrounds are diverse as well. The class consists of retired teachers, an author, a Homeland Security Officer, and an optometrist to name a few.
The class covered all aspects of policing including gun safety, narcotics, target shooting, and an officer ride-along. Additionally, the students visited Metro Jail and the 911 Communications Center.
Those interested in applying for the next Citizen’s Academy are asked to call the